What kind of tape do I need to make a swazzle, and where do I get it?

Any good haberdashery store or department. Some stores supplying craft materials may also have something suitable. What you are seeking is 12mm linen or cotton tape, preferably with a herringbone weave. Usually white tape is used, occasionally black. Any colour would do provided the dye were fast. Remember this will spend a long time in your mouth.

The recomended Herringbone Cotton Twill Tape is again available. Generally regarded as the best for being easy to work with and producing the right tone. Les Clarke can supply 4 yards of tape, 2 yards of bleached, White tape and 2 yards of unbleached Ecru tape (which may be better once boiled). The price including P&P etc is currently (May 2003) 3.20. Cheques payable to L.Clarke. To: Les Clarke, 30 Brook Terrace, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield, HD7 5BU. Outside the UK, please write for details, or email at lespunch@btinternet.com

| Back to Category List | Back to Main Page |