set of puppets

Anything relevant

Re: set of puppets

Postby CvdC » 29 Feb 2012, 01:32

I guess a joke that needs to be explained is not really all that funny. But let say that James's joke above made me laugh out loud ( lol in web parlance) I guess you could put it into a Punch show, can't be any worse than some of the baby jokes, or my mother was a boxer.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby James » 29 Feb 2012, 10:44

It was Joe Pasquale's joke originally I think. "This is my step ladder. My real ladder left home when I was three years old".
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Chris » 29 Feb 2012, 14:08

Yes Chris, I too found James' quip funny and that's why I responded to it. And you are quite right, I don't understand your joke - I didn't see the relevance, of the price of accomodation in areas attractive to artists, to James' one-liner pun. I'm sure everyone else did.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby CvdC » 17 May 2012, 18:47

Just for the record Geoff Felix and I did get to have a close look at these puppets thanks to the kindness of the curator at the Horniman. We spent hours looking at every detail without actually touching them and unable to put them on. They proved to every bit as interesting as the photo suggets.

Oh and the joke refers to the property ladder. A stupid pun. But this is a Punch and Judy site so who cares.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby lesclarke » 20 May 2012, 22:52

Did you mange to get any decent photos of them?
As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Previous

Return to Punch Chat