Birthday Wishes

Anything relevant

Birthday Wishes

Postby Richard Coombs » 29 Apr 2012, 15:27

Nope ..its not Mr P's Birthday ...not quite yet .

But today is mine ... and my Birthday Wish is for the Weather not to be like it is now in a couple of weekends time !

I'm sure Im not alone in wanting a warm and DRY Mayfayre for Mr Punches 350th.

These Drought Conditions are getting me down ....Let May 13th be a glorious Spring Day of Sunshine.

Had a nice meal with Family Last night , and have one planned with friends for the Friday right before the Mayfayre....but every day till then is puppet making in the workshop.

And actually thats a pretty nice way tho spend a Birthday :-))

Best Wishes to All Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: Birthday Wishes

Postby Chris » 29 Apr 2012, 16:09

Happy Birthday Richard. Congratulations on reaching twenty one and a bit.

I too could do with some decent weather. I was booked for a beach fun day today. I froze for an hour on muddy sands in a terrific wind and persistent rain (except when there were hailstones - I kid you not). There was an official opening at 10.30am by Jules Hudson (off the tele). I decided that there were going to be no children - and certainly nobody was going to sit to watch a Punch show so decided to retreat while I was still able to drive off the beach without getting bogged down in increasingly mushy sand.

As I made to set off a bedraggled chap (the organiser) came over and apologised for the appalling weather. I made noises of agreement, and said something about how disappointing, and the preparatory work involved. Then I heard those musical words: "Of course your invoice will be paid nevertheless." I drove off feeling distinctly more cheerful.

(4 hours later - back at the puppet theatre) I am still waiting for the rain to slacken sufficiently for me to unload the car. I'm sure you got the wrong word with drought Richard?
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby lesclarke » 29 Apr 2012, 18:30

All the best Richard, hope there were some nice prezzies, the older one gets the more difficult it is for people to buy something 'original'

Not a lot of fun for you on the beach today Chris, did you actually get everything set up?

Of course rain is a pain, but it's the wind that does the damage, we were planning a long walk today but chickened out and instead drove over the hill to Uppermill to visit a flea Market. On the long hill going there, coming the other way, we saw some several hundred cyclists having to pedal hard to go down hill.

Afterwards we walked round the charity shop and then headed for a cafe, alongside the river the wind had just earlier, brought a tree down and clobbered several cars.

Impressed that a local news site already has a report and pics

http://www.saddleworthnews.com/

As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 30 Apr 2012, 19:29

Wow Les ...that is some major Bad Weather !

And Chris ..well done for even getting the booth put up under this circumstances.

But yes , to concur , its wind rather than rain that is the enemy.

All the Best.
Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Professor Eek » 01 May 2012, 12:10

Tardy felicitations young man ... be good to see at May Fayre / Big Grin ... hope it was a good birthday!
==============================
incredibly bad magic and dreadful balloon modelling thrown in for free
Professor Eek
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby Richard Coombs » 01 May 2012, 13:12

Cheers Eek ...ooh it must be May ..you have finally come out of Hibernation <grin> :-)
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby James » 01 May 2012, 15:12

Very good of that chap to put his car there to protect that wall from the tree Les. Most kind!
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby lesclarke » 01 May 2012, 17:11

Yes, as you of course know, we are a kind lot up here.

It's not until trees that are 'up there' come down to our level that we realise just how massive they are.
That is an awful lot of timber, woodn't you agree?
As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat