Entertainment licencing act

Anything relevant

Entertainment licencing act

Postby geoff.london » 23 Jan 2013, 17:27

At the risk of tempting fate, this might be good news... http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/2013/01/ ... formances/ Geoff.
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Re: Entertainment licencing act

Postby Chris » 23 Jan 2013, 20:14

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Geoff, although honestly I can't see how it will affect anybody. Surely all small theatres and community halls are already licenced, and most other venues where we might appear (schools, private houses, scout huts etc) are exempt anyway*.
The people who may benefit, if it applies to outdoor venues, might be circuses. Generally, despite the scare stories, we all benefitted from the new entertainment licencing act but the poor Circus people were caught in that permanent licences were far too expensive for the many sites they visit in a year, while any one company could only apply for a very limited number of temporary licences in a year. They must have found a way round it but this change may be an extra benefit.

*On re-reading the report I see that there is a difference to those places I said were already exempt, they were apparently limited to audiences of 200, whereas now the ceiling is 500. I'll have to make some bigger puppets.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Punch Chat