Night show

Anything relevant

Night show

Postby CvdC » 04 Apr 2013, 10:18

Professor Preston put his new booth to the test at the National Folk Festival in Canberra last weekend. We set the booth up in the evening for some night shows. An enjoyable experience.
We had some little footlights set up but this photo was taken after the globes blew and we had to abandon them. Which was a pity as the effect is quite good.
I did a show at night for adults. This was in a large marquee so we spot lit the booth and had a proper sound set up. (Performing with fold-back is such a luxury.) After the Punch show there were Morris dancers all dressed in black with black faces and lots more stick action. All very Gothic for I think that night we explored the darker side of English culture.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: Night show

Postby Geoff B » 07 Apr 2013, 04:44

Hey Chris,

I don't suppose there is a similar show coming up in Melbourne?

Cheers,

Geoff B :)
Geoff B
Weenie
Weenie

Postby CvdC » 07 Apr 2013, 23:05

I am not doing another show until I go to Clunes Booktown festival the first weekend in May. There I do three shows each day.
I am trying to organise a an evening show at the Magic Lantern puppet shop in the meantime.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Geoff B » 14 Apr 2013, 11:11

Thanks Chris,

I will come up on Sunday to the festival and hopefully catch the 1030 and 1230 performances.

It will be great to see a show down here.

Are there any other Profs. in Melbourne (I am aware of Ken Harper but not anyone else).

By the way the newly completed croc looks great!

Cheers,

Geoff B
:D
Geoff B
Weenie
Weenie

Return to Punch Chat