Second hand Royalty

Anything relevant

Second hand Royalty

Postby Chris » 16 Aug 2013, 21:21

Tuesday and Wednesday this week saw me at the Anglesey show. Anglesey, "The Mother of Wales" is an island off the North Wales coast and RAF Valley on Anglesey is where Prince William is stationed. This annual agricultural show is a splendid event at which I have performed for a number of years. It is always a pleasant booking and as this year the weather was very kind it was more so. There were larger crowds than usual on the Wednesday since Prince William and Kate were to attend. One of my young fans, 11 year old Wayne, who has been coming to most of my shows since he was 4 years old, arrived in great excitement. "Did you see the Prince?" I asked. "Yes, and he shook my hand - and that's the hand!". His Mum said "Now he has an excuse not to wash his hands." She said it had all happened so quickly that she had failed to get a picture of them together. She did get a photo of the Prince though, but by that time he had moved along.
Wayne then thrust his hand into mine and shook it and said "Now you've shaken hands with the hand that Prince William just shook!".
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Second hand Royalty

Postby James » 16 Aug 2013, 23:26

Herbert Farjeon wrote a rather successful song about a similar situation.

But I don't think he could find a rhyme for Bim Bam Boozle!
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat