Facebook

Anything relevant

Facebook

Postby James » 21 Jan 2014, 14:28

Punch and Judy now has a strong presence on Facebook, with a number of different pages and groups.

The busiest seems to be https://www.facebook.com/punchandjudypage which has some great photos and videos to browse.

Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: Facebook

Postby CvdC » 21 Jan 2014, 23:02

Thanks James. FB has certainly been stolen from the teenagers.
All those investors may actually get their money's worth.
Certainly packed with information. Is this your doing Chris? Good job! I am very impressed.

I read the posting about Geoff Felix. All those accolades! I hope he hasn't died?

I went to the V&A site from this face book and found this:

http://collections.vam.ac.uk/item/O2385 ... -barnes-r/

I have emailed them about correcting the description of this picture but still it is wrong.
This is not Codman at Llandudno. It is in fact Professor Murray at Weymouth (source: Mark Poulton).
I have confirmed this by comparing the picture to the existing streetscape. In fact I am certain the picture is derived from a photographic source, which may still be in existence somewhere, Murray's show was often photographed.

You'd think they would want to get it right.

Also I notice they have a posting on Piccini Punch reproductions. This does not include my examples, which is a bit disappointing i must say. I have made three complete sets of these puppets over the years, which I haven't kept a secret.

It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat