Blackpool Magic Convention

Anything relevant

Blackpool Magic Convention

Postby Chris » 24 Feb 2014, 22:16

This Magical Convention, the biggest in the world, was held last weekend and among the more than three thousand registrants were not a few Punch and Judy profs. James Arnott, David Wilde, Daniel Hanton, were ones I kept bumping into but I also chatted with Philip Dann and Quentin Reynolds. It was a very entertaining convention with some absolutely superb acts on the three Gala shows. There were also a couple of really bad ones which though dire provided lots of entertaining discussion. I suppose most of us spent too much money with the dealers and one of our number is rumoured to be giving up Punch in favour of poultry farming (that is if ducks are classed as poultry). The best line of the weekend was the instruction to the compere by one of the acts: "After I bring out my cock I have just six minutes!"
Next thing to look forward to is of course the Covent Garden May Fayre. That's always a Punch Feast.
I've got my hotel booked.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Blackpool Magic Convention

Postby Dan » 01 Mar 2014, 15:26

It was great to see you there Chris and all the other Punch men. It's not Punch but here's the act everyone was talking about, also a fellow Punch performer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0VcOcG4 ... e=youtu.be
Dan
Beefy
Beefy

Re: Blackpool Magic Convention

Postby CvdC » 02 Mar 2014, 00:34

... And there were fresh eggs available back stage?
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat