39th Mayfayre

Anything relevant

Re: 39th Mayfayre

Postby geoff.london » 04 May 2014, 18:46

Well there were puppet shows on the ice in those days but I think I will just have to make do with the cycle clips....
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby Dan » 12 May 2014, 21:36

Great day yesterday at the May Fayre although the weather was a bit chilly to say the least. Good to see so many friendly performers there! Here are some photos on Flickr of the day.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16025290@ ... 632128162/
Dan
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 12 May 2014, 22:31

Yes, a good day all round and the usual bumper set of pictures from Dan. Thanks.
I didn't get a list of all those performing this year although there are more Punch men than ever - now that there are two lawns on the go for the Montagues and Capulets. I didn't see any non-Punch performers this year - usually there is at least one marionette show, and perhaps a Pulcinella or a Petruska, but not this year. There were a couple of Punch shows in name only!
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby CvdC » 12 May 2014, 23:18

Really good photos. As they say in the online world WIWT
And that Punch Chris is holding looks like a masterpiece I must say. Makes me think of the awful amount of time you spend at haberdasheries when you make puppets.
I do hope someone filmed Pete Maggs' entire show for the records.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Chris » 13 May 2014, 10:26

Yes it is a lovely puppet - and the more remarkable because it is his very first effort. Beautifully carved and painted and costumed. I liked its expression - and it handled very well. As David said, if that's his first what's he going to be like with a bit of practice?
There was another lovely puppet made a first appearance, a portrait puppet of Smoky the Clown commissioned by David and beautifully carved by Geoff. You will find it among Dan's pictures.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Punch Chat