Say "Hello" if you are passing ....

Anything relevant

Re: Say "Hello" if you are passing ....

Postby Chris » 16 Feb 2016, 00:00

Yes, only four more "sleeps" Dan.
This time I'm going to try and get up for the Friday - don't want to miss the Korean Klones show. I am already seeing it in my mind's eye - that dark stage - that slow dramatic opening as they wait for the dry ice to clear, and then vaguely through the fog there appears what vaguely looks like a Chinese doll who slowly, very slowy, and very artistically produces confetti sized playing cards out of thin air. Then gradually you realise that you don't need to strain your eyes trying to penetrate the lingering C02 and the minimalist lighting, you can watch it all on the television screens at the side. That's far better, you can almost see what's happening there, and you wonder why they bother raising the stage curtain since all eyes are on the screens. But it is all very very clever and most artistic and there will be many more similarly clever and artistic acts to follow.
You can tell I'm getting excited.
See you soon.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Dan » 16 Feb 2016, 13:05

You sound very excited. There are some good acts on this year but unfortunately some of the better acts have now cancelled! But whoever performs and lectures it will still be a great weekend. Lots of buying as well hopefully.
Dan
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 16 Feb 2016, 14:28

Didn't know that Dan, about the cancellations I mean. Still with the sheer amount of acts they book each year I'm sure we won't go short whoever has pulled out. And of course the Convention is so much more than the shows. Yes I am excited, the only thing I don't relish is the journey to Blackpool - it was rather horrendous last year I recall. But I reckon you must have twice as far to come as me. It must be at least three changes of horse.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Dan » 16 Feb 2016, 15:44

We have tractors now Chris. That's our main mode of transport! So I guess I will have to leave tonight!
Dan
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 16 Feb 2016, 19:01

I'm still convinced the Stage Coach would be faster. They have been a great success here in Wales.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby James » 17 Feb 2016, 22:40

Looking forward to it. See you there!

James
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Previous