Pete Maggs Fire Tragedy

Anything relevant

Pete Maggs Fire Tragedy

Postby Chris » 19 Aug 2016, 12:53

Geoff Felix just rang with the distressing news that Pete Maggs has lost everything in a house fire. He himself suffered from smoke inhalation but is OK, having been rescued through a window by the fire brigade. There will probably be more information on James Arnott's PunchandJudy Facebook page.
Our good wishes go out to Pete. What a dreadful thing to happen at any time, never mind in the middle of the Summer season.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Pete Maggs Fire Tragedy

Postby James » 21 Aug 2016, 10:48

Pete was woken in the early hours to find his house on fire. He and his dog were rescued although Pete had to be treated for smoke inhalation. He lost everything with the exception of the booth which was stored elsewhere.

David Wilde and Geoff Felix have loaned Pete a set of puppets so that he can fulfill his bookings and his busking season on Bournemouth beach. We can be thankful that there was no loss of life but he has to come to terms with the loss of puppets that are hundreds of years old and family heirlooms.

I'm sure members of the puppetry community will give Pete their support at a very difficult time. Once he has replaced the computer, I am sure these will be appreciated.
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: Pete Maggs Fire Tragedy

Postby Chris » 22 Aug 2016, 11:13

Well done David and Geoff. I believe help was also swiftly offered by others, so there was no danger of Pete being doll-less for the Season. Even so the loss of his own set, especially ones with such heritage, must be absolutely heart breaking.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Punch Chat