Puppet Set Help

Anything relevant

Puppet Set Help

Postby jtaylor-94 » 13 Nov 2016, 18:58

Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster. I hope you don't mind but I thought some people on this board may be able to help me!

For a University project I have to complete some research on an item of interest that has come up for auction. Having a huge passion for P&J, I chose this set: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19907/lot/440/

From my knowledge I seem to think that most, if not all, of the puppets are Wal Kent and that some are of the more common type and whilst a few of the smaller 'parlour' type (please feel free to correct me or expand on this).

My questions for the board are:
Does anyone on here happen to know who purchased the set (or be the person who purchased the set)?
Does anyone know if there is anywhere I could find additional pictures of this specific set? A quick search of the details provided by the auction house returned no relevant results, although I am aware that auction houses are not always the most accurate source.
Does anyone have any more general history about the set or the previous owner?

I'd very much appreciate any help with this! I'm aware that I may have chosen quite a niche set and that I might need to rethink my decision.

Many thanks,
Jordan (:

P.S. I have included an image of the set in case the link doesn't work.
jtaylor-94
Weenie
Weenie

Re: Puppet Set Help

Postby James » 14 Nov 2016, 10:01

The puppets are (or at least were a few weeks ago) on display as part of an installation in a window on Camden Passage, Islington. http://www.camdenpassageislington.co.uk/pages/find-us.htm
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby jtaylor-94 » 14 Nov 2016, 18:04

Fantastic! Do you remember if they were in a shop window or a general part of the passage?
jtaylor-94
Weenie
Weenie

Postby James » 14 Nov 2016, 18:40

My mistake. Having just checked the photos from Islington it was a very similar set. But not exactly the same ones.

Sorry!

Best of luck for your hunt for the Wal Kents!
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby jtaylor-94 » 14 Nov 2016, 21:44

No worries, thank you for checking (:
jtaylor-94
Weenie
Weenie

Return to Punch Chat