Moving Forwards

Anything relevant

Moving Forwards

Postby milly » 19 Nov 2016, 21:37

Well things are moving on got given some lime wood by a friend Nansi, who is a wood carver the other side the valley. Got chisels now and wood marked out going up when work thins out to use her band saw to cut out wood. She going to give me pointers on carving as I not done 3D carving before only 2D. Need to buy a bit more lime wood for a couple of puppets and 2 more chisels when 2nd hand tools man remembers to bring them to his shop next week. I been using a book recommended on this site called Successful Punch & Judy by Prof Glyn Edwards. Very good it is too. I shall have time tomorrow to read his section on Lazy Tongs booth and get that started by getting wood in the week. Been busy with schools at the moment but that will soon dwindle leaving more time to work on Puppetry stuff. Today was change oil and filter on car, put new carb on scooter and bushes in rear wheel of motorbike still thats the last mechanical stuff for winter done. Onwards with the puppets next. :D
Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up yum.
milly
Chipolata
Chipolata

Re: Moving Forwards

Postby Chris » 20 Nov 2016, 15:32

A book you should have, before deciding on a design for a lazy tongs or any other kind of booth, is "The Frame File" or better "The Expanded Frame File" by John Alexander. This is a comprehensive collection to very many approaches to building a Punch booth - with excellent plans and illustrations and oodles of tips and useful information. These books are likely to be in short supply and can probably only now be had on the used book market. Search for one now if you haven't got one.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Moving Forwards

Postby milly » 22 Nov 2016, 20:18

Thank you Chris I shall hunt now.
Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up yum.
milly
Chipolata
Chipolata

Return to Punch Chat