Harlequin Blog

Anything relevant

Harlequin Blog

Postby Chris » 17 Sep 2017, 18:52

After the fire at my theatre I started a blog to record the progress -what progress? - towards reopening. I don't know if anyone is interested, or whether I've posted this pefore, but here's the address:
http://puppetshow.info/wpblog
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Harlequin Blog

Postby Richard Coombs » 14 Oct 2017, 11:40

Hello Chris.
Thank you for the blog , and sharing with us the Harlequin Theatres slow journey back to Life.

More pictures as things improve would be appreciated.
Lovely to see the new Stage Doors.

Sorry it is all taking do long , but at least it sounds as if the work being done is thorough.

Warmest Wishes
Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: Harlequin Blog

Postby Chris » 14 Oct 2017, 19:26

Alas no Richard. Not thorough. I'd thought I'd explained on my blog. The main job which is cleaning the theatre of the soot and smoke damage hasn't even started. After a multitude of emails back and forth, after a request for and obtaining a full check for asbestos, after much dicussion about seat cleaning and scaffolding, nothing has been done. Now we are literally back to square one - they plan to do a second survey of what needs doing!
My electricians can't do anything more until the theatre is cleaned. The curtains cannot be rehung until the theatre is cleaned. The seats cannot be cleaned until the theatre is cleaned. The decorators can't do a thing until the theatre is cleaned. It is all very frustrating. I am worried now that I will have to cancel my Christmas Season.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Punch Chat