Puppet Festival in Almonte Canada

Anything relevant

Puppet Festival in Almonte Canada

Postby Richard Coombs » 22 Aug 2007, 09:00

Im a bit late with this one , as I have been back a week now ...but I have just returned from the Almonte Internation Puppet Festival called "Puppets Up" ( spookily the same name as the Blackpool DNA organised festival I attended earlier in the year )

I will post a pic or two on here as soon as possible ..but I still am not computor savvy enough to shrink the size of my photo files to an uploadable size ..but I am visiting Chris at The Harlequin Theatre on Tuesday 28th ( so with luck he might be able to download a couple from my photo CD)

I will hold off with a full account , except to say that old Mr P was a big hit with the Canandians , despite the fact that 85% of each audience had never ever seen a Punch Show.

I will have to let "The Swazzle" have a full report first , as I was there thanks to the kind auspices of Des ( the Prez) Turner , as Almonte contacted the PJF for a show , and he sent me.
But once they have their print copy , I will do a write up , and shrink some pics for on here too.

But the website for the Festival is http://www.puppetsup.ca

And talking of Festivals ...sadly the Colleges' Aberystwyth Festival did not get the go ahead this year ( it got Council aproval , but didnt get all its private funding ..so hopes are high that it will make a return either next year , or very soon)

But I managed to get the Council to agree to having me there for the 3 days of the Bank Holiday , so that there is at least some Punch presence on the Prom ( regular holdaymakers expecting 6 different shows - plus all Clives walkabout figures , other performers and puppet making stall , would have been a bit dissapointed if there was no Punch and Judy there at all )

So anyone near that part of Wales this comming Saturday , Sunday and Monday , I will be doing 4 shows daily 12 -00 /1-30/ 3 -00 / 4-30 ( but my guess is you will all be busy doing your own gigs on those days ...so fingers crossed for fine weather and good crowds for us all !

Best Wishes Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Canada

Postby Sean Keohane » 22 Aug 2007, 13:08

Richard,
Wish I'd been able to see your show in Canada! My friend Jim Napolitano (Uncle Nappy) was up there for the festival as well, performing his shadow puppet nursery rhymes, I think. Glad to hear you had a good reception.
Sean
Sean Keohane
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Richard Coombs » 22 Aug 2007, 19:09

Cheers Sean ..sadly the shaddow show was one of the ones I missed ( its not possible to see everything when you are performing yourself ..but I ddi see a few different shows )

It was a lovely festival , with the whole town behind it
Best Wishes Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat