Plastic swazzle

Anything relevant

Plastic swazzle

Postby Nick Jackson » 24 Aug 2007, 19:23

Following a rather generous tip from a rather kindly webmaster, I've just cut up an old credit card and created a plastic swazzle in about five minutes – and it worked perfectly straight away. I know Glyn Edwards mentions plastic in his book but I heard Chris using a plastic swazzle this week and it sounded superb. I'm converted.
Nick Jackson
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Postby Professor Eek » 24 Aug 2007, 21:54

Richard Coombes made one for me in May - I'm trying my best with it.
==============================
incredibly bad magic and dreadful balloon modelling thrown in for free
Professor Eek
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby CvdC » 25 Aug 2007, 09:11

With interest rates on the way up I should think cutting up your credit card to make a swazzle is a very good idea.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby billywand » 25 Aug 2007, 13:30

A friend of mine had his credit card stolen recently. He's not reported it as whoever stole it spends less than he did !!!!!!
Kind regards
Billy Wand

Remember nothing is foolproof to a very determined fool
billywand
Thick Link
Thick Link

plastic

Postby Trev » 25 Aug 2007, 19:52

I made my first attempt at swazzle-making with old bank-card. Not perfect but worked pretty well for a first time.
Trev
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Postby Richard Coombs » 31 Aug 2007, 15:36

Plastic is great ...it allows for experimentation.

Eek ..if that one I made you is still not producing a result , then chances are, it is still the wrong size and/or curve for you.

For new swazzlers that find fast success with bought metal swazzles ...then making 'spares' in plastic is an easy 'copy' job.

Same goes for anyone who has been swazzling for years , but never made their own. If the metal work involved puts you off ..just try copying your existing swazzle in plastic . Great to keep a spare safety pinned within Mr P's costume , so you never get caught without one... ( and just incredibly liberating to find you are not reliant on other people to make them for you )

For folk in Eeks position , where it still isnt coming together , I have posted a 3 stage process on the 'Workshop' board today.

Hope it works for you.

Best Wishes Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat