If you think Punch keeps you busy.....

Anything relevant

Postby Richard Coombs » 12 Sep 2007, 20:51

In the meatime John if you want to see more of my Top Board you could check my website

www.richardcoombs.co.uk

( you might need ot cut and paste that into your browser? )

Its just about to be updated and revamped a bit . Ive made the alterations with my mate that does all the computor stuff ..but the changes may not come online for a week or so yet .

Best Wishes Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby CvdC » 12 Sep 2007, 20:54

There are in fact a number of dead links on the images galleries.
Also there are, over time, now too many miscl and allsorts collections. In fact you have a codman picture in an allsorts gallery when you have a collection devoted to just them. Some of the home buttons take you out of the section all together instead of to the index of that gallery.
There you asked for it.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Chris » 12 Sep 2007, 22:02

Chris vdC:
Not very helpful unless you specify the dead links.

Yes, I do include some pictures in more than one place - deliberately.

The returning to a base menu rather than where you come from is not something I can do much about until I redesign the site (which I do occasionally) since they are necessary in that the picture is being called from more than one link. If the picture only appears in the one gallery then the return works as it should - but when a picture has its own htm page and is called from more than one location then the return is set to a neutral location. However this surely isn't much of an inconvenience since most people are also aware of the back button.

John:
If you are getting a "Server not found" error then it is nothing to do with this website. Either you have lost your connection or else the web is busy and not delivering.
However it might be that you have not refreshed your page since I made the correction.
When you come to a page named punchandjudy.com/festivalsmu.htm then make sure you click the Refresh(or Reload) button on your browser before you click on Richard's Adventures. That is often the solution to many problems.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby johnstoate » 12 Sep 2007, 22:29

Nice site as is, Richard, - Can't wait to see the re-vamped version! - Must get one meself!! - Like the way the flags change from 'wrong' to 'right' way of hanging in a couple of pics :lol:
Chris, -just noticed your reply, - I did hit the 'refresh' -same result, but will try again.
John
Weaselly distinguished, Stoatelly different!!
johnstoate
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Chris » 12 Sep 2007, 22:56

That's very strange that it should tell you it can't find the Server - when you are on the Server otherwise you wouldn't be able to write messages on the board!
Anyway I've checked on two different machines here and it is coming up loud and clear. The problem must be at your end.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Professor Eek » 13 Sep 2007, 10:00

I get a lot of problems at my end - my Doctor has given me some ointment though
==============================
incredibly bad magic and dreadful balloon modelling thrown in for free
Professor Eek
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby David Wilde » 14 Sep 2007, 20:44

Great bit of film of Punch with the performer,talking to the kids good find Chris!
Im above all this!!
David Wilde
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Previous

Return to Punch Chat