May Fayre - who's attending?

Anything relevant

Postby Richard Coombs » 22 Apr 2008, 10:16

Just a quick weather report for CvdC ( as I notice on other posts he's starting to wonder , in not so many words, if he should bring thermal underwear for the May fayre)

You would be an unlucky man indeed CvdC , to experience another deluge like last year . As we said at the time , that was the first time in 19 years the weather did anything like that .
True, that was little comfort to those of us with puppets and
canvass booth cover on radiators the next day

And although we have had some very cold snaps of late , and snow , these are not unseasonal. 'Ne'er cast a clout till May is Out' is right..and early April is time we most often get snow if it hasnt snowed around Christmas.

But the underlying trend is good.

The 'nice' days in between the chilly ones are very nice indeed , warm and bright , and the daffodils are now out in force.

There is even a faint whiff of a promise of a good summer in the air... if Sunday May 11th is one of those days , you will have a splendid time indeed.

But Chris is right , we have no given right to expect fantastic weather in May, it isnt our Summer time yet.
After last year Im sure you and everyone else attending would settle for chilly but dry ! You can always wrap up warmly.

But if other gods smile , as Geoff snatches you form the arms of Morpheus and into the bossom of Thespis , then it could be a nice warm and sunny day.

Fingers Crossed.
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby paulwheeler » 22 Apr 2008, 19:47

I'm sorry to say I wont be coming this year but i do hope the weather is kind to you all cant wait to see the photos have a good day
paulwheeler
Beefy
Beefy

Postby CvdC » 22 Apr 2008, 21:42

Well Richard now I know who to make responsible for the weather. I am now relying on you.
Although last year it was wet at the May fayre, it was wet when I went to see Geoff Felix perform, it was wet when I went to see John Styles and it was wet when I initially had planned to go to Weymouth, it was never what I considered to be cold. So perhaps cold is good, meteorologically speaking

I hope that Les Clarke and Martin v. d. Grinten make it the May Fayre with their cameras and record the event.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Dave Doughnut » 28 Apr 2008, 17:05

Hi

I'm going to the May Fayre but I need a favour off someone .As I'm going on my own I need someone to be my Bottler while I do the show.

Hopefully someone can help I would be very grateful

Thanks in advance for your replys.

Cheers

Dave
Dave Doughnut
Dave Doughnut
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Professor Eek » 29 Apr 2008, 17:39

Dave

I think members of the PJF usually carry out bottling activities for all and sundry with the bottle going to Alternative Arts who organise the event - please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

Due to circumstances beyond my control - I'll not be able to bring fit up this year so will attend in tartan suit and red nose instead but will happily join in the bottling for periods of time.

Looking forward to the day hugely
==============================
incredibly bad magic and dreadful balloon modelling thrown in for free
Professor Eek
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby Chris » 29 Apr 2008, 18:15

I think you are wrong Eek. I don't think that the bottle goes to Alternative Arts. Remember that this is not a PJF event, and individuals are encouraged to bottle for their own benefit.
Pitches will be allocated on a first come first served basis and you may give as many performances as you wish during the day - bring a bottler! All kinds of puppeteers and performers are welcome.

This is because Alternative Arts only pay travel expenses but not for accommodation. Some people need whatever money they can raise. You may also sell puppet related items from the side of your stall, but in this case you are asked to make a donation to Alternative Arts.

The members of the PJF certainly usually do bottle for each other, and may well have a PJF bottle.

You can always read the guidlines on this website. I've published them each year on this message board and they are also on the main website. Click the button marked <a href="http://www.punchandjudy.com/coventgarden.htm">Covent Garden.</a>
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby David Wilde » 29 Apr 2008, 19:56

All the bottle goes to the David Wilde's Punch and Judy collection fund,didant you know that Eek!
(especially Geoffs bottle!)
Im above all this!!
David Wilde
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby geoff.london » 29 Apr 2008, 20:02

Correction. No, Geoff's bottle does not go to David Wilde. It goes to his much depleted food bill!
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby David Wilde » 29 Apr 2008, 20:04

Now that is A BIG BILL!

All those dishes to share among the 5000!
Im above all this!!
David Wilde
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby geoff.london » 29 Apr 2008, 20:06

Well a growing lad needs supporting...
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby David Wilde » 29 Apr 2008, 20:08

Thought you had Braces for that!
Im above all this!!
David Wilde
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby geoff.london » 29 Apr 2008, 20:09

Twang!...
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby David Wilde » 29 Apr 2008, 20:11

whats that!
A strut going on your booth again!
Im above all this!!
David Wilde
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby Chris » 01 May 2008, 21:12

Latest information has arrived from Alternative Arts and this is posted under Coming Events on this message board, and on the Covent Garden Page on the main website.
They confirm you can bottle as much as you like for yourself.
Last edited by Chris on 01 May 2008, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Professor Eek » 01 May 2008, 21:30

They all conform in the end
==============================
incredibly bad magic and dreadful balloon modelling thrown in for free
Professor Eek
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Previous

Return to Punch Chat