Welcome to our foreign guests

Anything relevant

Welcome to our foreign guests

Postby geoff.london » 05 May 2008, 18:55

Welcome to Chris Van der Cratts and to GianLuca from Italy, here to attend the MayFayre.
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby Richard Coombs » 05 May 2008, 21:06

Yes welcome to both ...sorry I shall miss your performance in the evening at the CAA Gian,
Sorry not to see CvdC this time around ...did you bring any of your new Puppets this time Chris ?
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby James » 05 May 2008, 21:08

I think you'v confused Gian with someone else Richard. It's a Portugese show at the CAA.
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 05 May 2008, 23:06

Yes , You are right , I had 'em muddled.
Hope you all have a fantastic day though , and that the crowds and the sunshine , and a good bottle , all put in an appearance.

Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby CvdC » 06 May 2008, 05:11

On Monday I redisvovered the meaning of Punch
Basically it was this:

A bank holiday crowd at a fair(fayre) outside a church on a beautifully sunny and warm day in May. The red and white stripes and bunting contrasting wonderfully with the green. And a perfectly satisfying puppet show.
It was just the way to do it.

Hopefully this will be the case at Covent garden.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

May Fayre

Postby Sean Keohane » 06 May 2008, 14:56

I'm sad to say I won't be at the May Fayre this year... May in the US has turned into a busy month, after a very slow quarter immediately after Christmas. I'm currently building the proscenium for a rather large Guignol-style theatre, and need to have it all ready by the Sunday after May Fayre for some performances here in New York; then it will tour to Savannah, Georgia!

But this year's festival sounds like it will be great fun and I'm glad Chris VdC is able to go again.

I had many fond memories of the Fayre 3 years ago, including chatting with Geoff, Bryan, and Chris S. throughout the day, as well enjoying the shows. Too bad there's no specific church service this year (though surely Punch is an old pagan).

Hoping all is bright and sunny for you on the day--

Sean
Sean Keohane
Beefy
Beefy

Postby geoff.london » 06 May 2008, 15:18

Thank you for the picture and nice comments Chris, it was great to see you. Lets hope that the Weather will favour us again on the weekend. The Pulcinella player is Gianluca di Matteo and he is in addittion to our friend from Portugal...and Australia! Geoff.
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Return to Punch Chat