back again

Anything relevant

back again

Postby CvdC » 27 May 2008, 09:10

Back.
Yes I am once again experiencing the trauma of jetlag. I tried spending two days in Hong Kong to prevent it but it hasn't worked. But I have managed to crawl over to my computer and write this message.

I do love to be in London. And the thing I like best is meeting up with those of you who are interested in Punch and Judy. It always astounds me that I can sit at a table and know that I can talk about one of my favorite subjects without shame or fear. And always I have something new to learn. Which is the point of this posting. I have made the point before and will now repeat it: I am constantly amazed that there are other people in this world with an interest in this topic. So no matter how much we may argue about which side we break our egg open on we must remember our common interest is the little chap with the big red nose.

It was good meeting people at Covent Garden and after but I was disappointed not seeing Chris Somerville again.

This time I had the honour of visiting Glyn and Mary Edwards. I had a fun evening in the company of David Wilde and James Arnott whose enthusiasm for Punch is to be admired. I enjoyed another afternoon with Geoff Felix who, despite his efforts to the contrary, is famous and doing great work by assembling the most remarkable archive.

I would have liked to go down to Weymouth again or make the puppet pilgrimage to North Wales but I had to spend a number days in bed with a cold.

I am determined to be back next year and hopefully meet others who are equally as interested in you know who (Sean?). The May Fayre is, to me, a celebration of the continuing tradition of Punch in England. Those who do attend do so at some cost but it seems the advantages are that you can meet up with others and perform to some very dedicated audiences. So think of it as a national holiday for Punch and go there.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby geoff.london » 30 May 2008, 16:12

Chris, It was good to see you again and you were a great help on Kingston. Thank goodness the weather was good and you were able to see the Mayfayre in all its anarchic glory. Hope to see you again next year! Geoff.
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby Richard Coombs » 01 Jun 2008, 16:16

Glad you had a good visit Chris , and that the weather was kinder to you this time.

Thanks for coming so very far to be with us in Cov Gdn.

Looking forward to seeing what you carve next :-)

Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat