Puppet Video

Anything relevant

Puppet Video

Postby Chris » 05 Jun 2008, 22:11

Noticing that some of you seem to trawl youtube for punch videos I thought it might be nice to have a Punch Youtube clone for this site so that you could upload your own videos. I got as far as acquiring the necessary software only to find that when checking with my hosting company whether certain modules were available on the server they were not - nor likely to be since they were normally associated with procedures using massive amounts of bandwidth. It would seem that the only way to allow upload of video, and then compression to flash video on the server (a la youtube) would be for me to have my own dedicated server. Far too expensive for me I'm afraid.

However this does not mean that we cannot have video on the website. We can. But it means that you will have to send me your video snippets and I will have to compress them and encode to swf before uploading.

As an experiment I videoed a puppet for you, encoded it, and you can see it by clicking below:<br>
<center><a href="http://www.punchandjudy.com/video/violinist56.html">VIEW VIDEO</a></center><br>
Is it worth pursuing?
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Miraiker » 05 Jun 2008, 22:27

It's a smashing video, Chris and it didn't take any time to load.

On the other hand, what will the you tube trawlers do with all their spare time if you make it too easy for them?
Miraiker
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby Chris » 05 Jun 2008, 22:53

Here's another - a non-violent Punch?<br>

<center><a href="http://www.punchandjudy.com/video/geoff300.html">BASH HERE</a></center>
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby CharlesTaylor » 07 Jun 2008, 00:19

Chris, I haven't been on Punch Booth in a long time. What I have been missing!

I was so delighted to see your violinist. The manipulation was superb. Bil Baird once said to me of Bob Bromley that he was the creme de la creme of manipulators. He must not have seen your violinist.

I retire after four more school days to devote my time solely to puppetry and gardening. My web site is up and we are busy with bookings.

Check us out www.tinkertaylorpuppets.info/index.htm It is changing constantly as we work out the kinks so please be understanding. This website technology is quite new to me.

Charles [/list]
Puppeteer-Teacher-Learner-Enthusiast
CharlesTaylor
Thick Link
Thick Link

Postby Professor Eek » 07 Jun 2008, 19:10

Great idea to have video clips on 'ere young Chris
==============================
incredibly bad magic and dreadful balloon modelling thrown in for free
Professor Eek
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby geoff.london » 11 Jun 2008, 13:27

That was a great clip Chris. You could have that on the Harlequin site as advertising or on YouTube with a link to the Harlequin. Or have you already done this? Lovely to see the violinist again. Geoff.
geoff.london
Big Banger
Big Banger

Return to Punch Chat