A Real Punch and Judy man

Anything relevant

A Real Punch and Judy man

Postby David Wilde » 07 Jun 2008, 21:20

What a great day,2 show's today at a perfect Fete in Primrose Hill!

The crowd for the second show was the best I have had for ages!

It was the first time I had been booked for this event,as I was told the regular performer could not make it this year!

As ever though had to send out a search partie for the man who booked me,to peel that money out of his hand!

How did it go,he said!
Shame I thought he had not evan seen it,this seems to be the case a lot of the time!
It went really well I said,who do you normally have here I said!
Oh we have Uncle Vic from Essex,he is about 85,but he could not make it this year,hes a real Punch and Judy man!

So there we go straight from the horses mouth,you have to be about 85,probaley have some rather bad papier mache puppets that have not beem painted for about 45 years,a deck chair for a booth,and then you can also become a real Punch and Judy man!
Im above all this!!
David Wilde
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby CvdC » 07 Jun 2008, 22:35

Wait until you're 85 Uncle David.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Professor Eek » 08 Jun 2008, 10:03

It's funny how the wind can be taken from your sails.

I did three shows yesterday, and got two bookings from punters watching, and the first two shows were (in my humble opinion) great fun - the crowd loved 'em, I loved 'em - brilliant - all the good reasons for doing this job.

3rd show - competing with some local 'musicians' murdering songs of the Eagles over a PA that could be heard 30 miles away and alarmed some university professors on the Pacific rim thinking there was earthquake activity near Guildford which seemed large enough to effect them, kids who were bored at the end of a long hot day, parents who had no wish or inclination to manage their behaviour ... oooh .... it was a bad 'un.

Mrs Eek said afterwards "You seemed to rush the last one ... well done".

A chase round the field for the cheque but at least some words of encouragement (he must have seen one of the first two shows).

Just getting ready for todays round ....
==============================
incredibly bad magic and dreadful balloon modelling thrown in for free
Professor Eek
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Postby Peter » 08 Jun 2008, 11:09

I was chatting on the phone to my Uncle Vic.
He's so busy these days that he's had to let some of his regular bookings go to the youngsters.
He says he's aware that they aren't real Punch & Judy men but hopefully they'll learn from us more experienced ones.

So don't be too down hearted David, and keep watching that Joe Beeby video.
Did I ever tell you about piece work?
Peter
Thick Link
Thick Link

Postby David Wilde » 09 Jun 2008, 19:54

Its James,he just wont stop waching it Peter!
Im above all this!!
David Wilde
Croc's Delight
Croc's Delight

Return to Punch Chat