workshop dust

This is the place for Technical Tips, Questions and Answers.

workshop dust

Postby cobaltblue » 22 Oct 2011, 17:32

her is a pic of the workshop.
my sanctuary.small but but handy.
Problem is dust, saning and cutting need a small inexpensive extractor to connect to my hand tools anyone recomend anything . It will save time having to clean the place out when i am ready for painting.as it is i have to clean up every day.

any suggestions?

[

cobaltblue
Porky
Porky

Re: workshop dust

Postby Richard Coombs » 20 May 2012, 12:45

Hello cobaltblue.

Generally in terms of regular hoovers and vacuums , you wont beat a Henry.

This is both in terms of ability to handle proper dust and mess..and also price.

It is no surprise that most tradesman , builders . plasterers and plumbers etc use a Henry. Other types of cleaner will clog up and die with plaster dust , or lots of woodworking dust / shavings like a puppets like a puppet workshop would produce ... but not a Henry.
They are also very compact.

That is for a regular vacuum cleaner that you turn on and off.

If you want something that you plug a tool into so that the hoover turns on an off with the tool (known as automatic switching ) ..then its gets a lot more expensive sadly.

But Axminster Tools do supply thier own automatic switching units ... some of which are basicly glorified Henrys.

Dont know if that helps ? Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: workshop dust

Postby cobaltblue » 21 May 2012, 01:24

thanks richard
I do use a vacum cleaner , but the dam noise
I dont know if anyone uses a rotary tool but the router bits that fit a dremmel (cheap on ebay) are amazing for fine detail and very fast.
I have ust used them for carving a punch and judy set to fit on hiking poles look great
They have a shank of 3.1 mm small but you can use them like a knife and certainly take of unwanted material even tho they are small.
does create a lot of wood dust
I wil post some pics when completed
cobaltblue
Porky
Porky

Return to Punch Workshop