Colour Backdrops printed on fabric (scrim)

This is the place for Technical Tips, Questions and Answers.

Colour Backdrops printed on fabric (scrim)

Postby Doug Price » 14 May 2013, 09:09

Can anyone assist me on how this is done. I do remember seeing somewhere in this forum that this form of back drop painting is being done and used by Prof's in the UK. Can anone assist me with information?
Thanks, Doug (Prof. Jolley) Cape Town.
Doug Price
Weenie
Weenie

Re: Colour Backdrops printed on fabric (scrim)

Postby Trevek » 14 May 2013, 19:20

Bryan Clarke paints quite good ones, I believe (or so he tells me)
http://www.bryanclarke.co.uk/punch_and_ ... enery.html

Personally, I just found a piece of material i could see through and asked someone to paint a picture on it (and before everyone flames me, yes, I know I forgot the curtains that day).
Trevek
Big Banger
Big Banger

Re: Colour Backdrops printed on fabric (scrim)

Postby Chris » 14 May 2013, 22:21

Doug, my usual answer - look on this website! The obvious place where it will be found is under Professional Punch Tips which is probably under the Practical Punch Menu.
Also I'm pretty sure it has been discussed more than once on this message board. Probably in this Workshop section. Or you could search under my postings, or Richard Coombs' or Les Clarke's. Also I remember Miraiker answered the same question and posted information about a craft material you could buy which was perfect for the purpose, a sort of bucram with a pre-punched fine grid of holes. She gave details of the best size, and the name of the material. Also I know I've written copiously about working hands in front of face and using a see-through backcloth.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Punch Workshop