Scene changes

This is the place for Technical Tips, Questions and Answers.

Scene changes

Postby Professor Joe » 22 Jan 2008, 11:36

I am looking to do a scene change in my punch show... i have a few ideas but how do other people achive it?? If any one has any photos or diagrams i would really like to see them so i can gain some ispiration. Its not too easy to do that while sat in an ICT lesson, like now!
Thanks
Joe
Professor Joe
Beefy
Beefy

Postby CvdC » 23 Jan 2008, 04:27

It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

backdrop

Postby Trev » 24 Jan 2008, 21:54

I don't know how deep your stage is but could you have pull across backdrops which could just be drawn across for each new scene?
Trev
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Postby Chris » 28 Jan 2008, 17:15

Surely not in a Punch booth Trev? To draw a backcloth across requires a good deal of wing space in which to accomodate the pleated drops out of sight. It would need a very wide booth, and wing pieces.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby johnstoate » 28 Jan 2008, 17:53

Yes, it sounds a bit too 'fiddly' to be practical to me too. I know the 'roller blind' idea as mooted by cvdc works, but I would suggest the use of weights on the chords that can hook onto the side bars of the rig, As you unhook the weight it drops/lifts the next backcloth, allowing a very quick changeover. With practice you can unhook them with your elbow, still keeping both hands free!!
John
Weaselly distinguished, Stoatelly different!!
johnstoate
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Workshop