PUNCH AND JUDY BOOTH WANTED

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

PUNCH AND JUDY BOOTH WANTED

Postby BOYSCOUT42 » 11 Mar 2018, 18:40

I am new to this but I am looking for a Punch and Judy Booth,if anyone can help me please contact me
BOYSCOUT42

Re: PUNCH AND JUDY BOOTH WANTED

Postby Nathan H » 23 Mar 2018, 15:41

I’ve been shopping for a booth as well. It’s quickly becoming an obsession :-)

If you’re looking for a quality booth to be made for you, I would suggest either
Bryan Clarke http://bryan-clarke.co.uk/booth.html
or
Miraiker http://thepuppetmaker.com/puppet-booths-videos

Miraiker has lots of videos explaining the features of her booths which look to be fully featured. I’ve been drooling over the booths and have been doing lots of GBP to USD calculations...
Nathan H

Re: PUNCH AND JUDY BOOTH WANTED

Postby Chris » 23 Mar 2018, 17:54

Booths are very expensive to have made. I suggest that by far the best way is to make your own from a good set of plans. It is within the reach of most people who can handle a few tools and tackle basic woodworking. I would also advocate that you should at least try to make your own puppets - but these do demand some skill and artistry, and if you do have money to spare then I suggest it is better spent on puppets than on a booth. Of course when you have your figures and the ability to use them, and are perhaps earning some money through doing shows, then is perhaps the time to think of having a custom made booth, and by this time you will probably have your own ideas about what you should have in an ideal fit-up.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Sales & Wants