Supreme Magic Punch & Judy

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

Supreme Magic Punch & Judy

Postby Dan » 11 Nov 2009, 23:30

Saw this on flickr - didn't realise it existed. Looks in really good condition.
They are selling it for £50. Is it rare?

Dan
Beefy
Beefy

Re: Supreme Magic Punch & Judy

Postby AetherWeaver » 12 Nov 2009, 15:22

Dan wrote:Saw this on flickr - didn't realise it existed. Looks in really good condition.
They are selling it for £50. Is it rare?

Unless it originally came with the yellow electrical tape trim, I say it has been "repaired." Aside from that it looks pretty neat... but not £50 neat, IMO.
AetherWeaver
Weenie
Weenie

Postby Chris » 12 Nov 2009, 21:27

Yes, it's one of Edwin's Supreme Magic items. The original did have a yellow tape trim. But it was cloth tape, not PVC tape - and this does look like PVC tape so I agree it has possibly been repaired. The adhesive on the original cloth tape Edwin used did tend to dry out over time. But as you say, it does seem to be in good condition judging by the black background, the edges of the cards, and the corners of the window.

I think the illustrations are by Corth.

It is fairly rare - I don't think it was a particularly good seller. £50 isn't a bad price if you are a Punch ephemera collector, or if you are a kids performer and could use the trick. New silk screened stuff of anything like Edwin's quality costs a similar amount, if not more, these days.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Sales & Wants