P&J set for sale on Ebay

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

P&J set for sale on Ebay

Postby Dan » 19 Nov 2009, 20:48

Has anyone seen the set of puppets that are being sold on Ebay? Theres 9 puppets made by Tickner and Wal Kent. They have never been used and look in great condition. They also come with a script and a few publications, still packaged swazzles from the 50's and props. They were bought from Oscar Oswald. Shame I dont have a cool £1300. Is that cheap from these makers puppets?

Dan
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 23 Nov 2009, 22:30

No Dan, that isn't cheap. The Tickner Punch and the Judy were very nice examples - but if I had been bidding (I wasn't) I would have stopped at £800 absolute tops. I think a couple, or maybe three collectors were bidding against each other and got carried away. And if the winning bid came from Britain he/she will have a lot more to pay what with carriage, tax and duty.

Since Punch figures started appearing on Ebay their prices have soared. Punch stuff is obviously collectible. The trouble is that I don't think that most Punch figures will even hold their value let alone increase in value. I think the very best examples will, and the ones with an interesting history, but generally they are not the best things to collect.

The best advice is to only buy what you really like, and only at a price you can really afford. Then you will always have a bargain.

Paying more than you can afford, not because you like the item, because you think the figure will increase in value is a mug's game.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Sales & Wants