New Punch DVD

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

New Punch DVD

Postby Chris » 18 Jul 2011, 22:48

ImageImage

Paddle your own Canoe - The Life and Times of Bob Wade
Review by Mark Andrews

Really is a treat for those who remember Bob Wade and for those who don’t it’s a wonderful insight into a true gent, who was known as the best maker of Swazzles – ever!

Bob, as we’ve always known him, is fit and well at the great age of almost 91 and it was a delight to see his face light up as he placed on his hand a puppet of Mr Punch, almost like meeting a long lost friend. As I sat watching the DVD, I was taking by how much I actually agreed with Bob on so many things, from bottling, to business sense, the list goes on.

Finally it was a treat to enjoy his show, which is the first time I’ve seen it, slick and well swazzled, I’m so thankful for Alix Booth and Peter Stedman for having the foresight to make this recording and I just know, so many others will say the same too. Mark Andrews.

Extract from Martin MacGilp (e-mail) on viewing programme.
The DVD arrived safely yesterday - and it's a stonker! The interview/conversation between Alix and Robert is fascinating - and great to hear clear views (on Punch & Co) expressed so positively by someone who knows what he's talking about - no guff or nonsense. And the film of the show is terrific - what a great show! Alix certainly was asking the right questions, and allowed Robert space to answer - no Paxman-like interruptions!

Quote from Robert (Bob) Wade himself . . .
Dear Peter,
You may be interested to know that I had a friend visit me on Tuesday and I played the DVD for him to see.
The verdict on the contents - "bloody marvellous! " Very well put? A precise message but to the point.
Kind regards,
Robert.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy Presto e-mailed . . .
Hi Pete. The DVD arrived yesterday and I've now had a chance to watch both discs. Without doubt this is my favourite Punch & Judy title - it was fantastic to get an insight into Bob’s approach and share his opinions. Very many congratulations on a fantastic job! Andy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colin Parkhill e-mails. Hello Pete. Got the dvd yesterday. What a great job you did, it is brilliant to have this on DVD, especially for future Punch performers. Thank you so much. Kind regards Colin

The set is available from the producer. Peter Stedman, 8 Prince Charles Drive, Calne, Wilts SN11 8NX (email) magic@magicpete.co.uk at the very reasonable price of £16.00 plus £1.50 p&p (UK) Overseas postage at cost. Cheque. PO. Cash. PayPal accepted.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Sales & Wants