Punch & Judy Puppets Wanted

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

Punch & Judy Puppets Wanted

Postby MikeP » 28 Sep 2012, 22:05

Has anybody got a set of Puppets and a booth that need to be lovngly restored or in need of a loving home?

I am desperately looking for a set and a booth but I cannot afford to pay much for them. I can however assure them of a loving home and more importantly to be performed!

Thank you

Mike
MikeP
Weenie
Weenie

Re: Punch & Judy Puppets Wanted

Postby Harvey » 06 Feb 2013, 10:27

Karl Evans makes great Puppets http://www.shop4props.com/
The Young Professor http://www.professor-harvo.xbuild.com at the age of 18
Harvey
Thick Link
Thick Link

Postby Richard Coombs » 06 Feb 2013, 11:43

Harvey has said in a another post he is having PC trouble regarding photo posting ....so having gone and looked at the site he recommends , I thought I would post a pic so others can see for themselves.

There is a" Punch n Judy" area on that website , but it only shows a booth and props ...you have to dig around a bit to find the one photo of Punch n Judy puppets.
Here it is :

Richard
Last edited by Richard Coombs on 06 Feb 2013, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 06 Feb 2013, 16:50

They look like they are made of Latex ..and the good thing about latex though is the lightness of weight .
Something about the texture on these suggests it also has a filler in the mix
( something like 'cab-o-sil' perhaps ?) this keeps the rubber more rigid.

Although rubber does go rigid as it ages ....after many ,many years however it can revert to being soft and chewy as it decomposes and breaks down...but that is a long way off for these puppets.

Also these look like quite small scale figures ...this I can gauge from both the diamond pattern on Joeys costume, and the white open lace braid round Judy and Mr Ps' neck ( coz I know that material and braid very well )

So the lightness and size combined would likely make these a set for a younger performer.

As Harvey recommends the site , it is quite probable these are the sort he uses ...which for his tender years would make them an ideal first set.

Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 06 Feb 2013, 17:47

Having put my thinking cap on , I think I have worked out Harveys building methods.

He sculpts in clay ... he has shown us a photo of his latest sculpt
Then he sends / gives those sculpts to Karl who moulds them for him , and produces them in latex.

That is why Harveys recent doctor sculpt is so similar to the Punch /Judy /Joey shown here ...it is not just made in the same style as the puppets he got from karl ..it is in fact sculpted by the same hand - his own.

In which case what they are is exactly perfect for his youthful situation ..they are made by him ...but with help.

Is this right Harvey ??

( has my detective work paid off ? lol)

I did ask if your recent sculpt was staying as clay , or if you were going to do a layer of paper mache over it ? - but you did not answer that question ....so I had to guess

That is why you say your latest sculpt could be used for doctor / boxer/ policeman whatever etc --- if Karl moulds you a few then you can indeed make anything out of them with different paint job and costume and hair.

An interesting way of doing things.

All the Best

Richard.
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 06 Feb 2013, 17:56

He he ...having looked again at your Posting in the Workshop section Harvey , its title is "My First Puppet" ...so much for my Detective work . Back to the drawing Board !

But it was a good theory.

Maybe give us more info with your photos next time.

I love seeing other folks making/ building pics .
hopefully you will have your computer sorted soon so we can see more of the process , and also your new Blowey Clown.

Cheers Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Harvey » 06 Feb 2013, 22:34

My Clay Puppet was completly made by me. The other Puppets (apart from the policeman, stick and theater) were made by Karl Evens
Harvey
Thick Link
Thick Link

Postby Harvey » 30 Apr 2013, 10:03

the puppets used in the photo you put on of Karl evans puppets those very puppets are the one's I use he did do Punch but gave up and sold his set to me.
Harvey
Thick Link
Thick Link

Return to Sales & Wants