Unique Punch and Judy trailer booth for sale for restoration

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

Unique Punch and Judy trailer booth for sale for restoration

Postby Mossstock » 10 Jul 2014, 14:29

Unique Punch and Judy Booth for sale as full Restoration Project

Offered for sale is our mobile Punch and Judy trailer booth with living accommodation.

I bought this trailer a couple of years ago after discovering it in a very dilapidated condition, with most of its side panels hanging off and about to be scrapped. I thought it was just too unique to be broken apart, so went back with a trailer, bought it, and fetched it back home with the idea of restoring the owd girl.

Originally ingeniously designed, built and owned by the renowned Bacup Puppeteer in the winter of 2004/5, this was once a well known traveling Punch and Judy show in the north of England.

The booth was built on a small caravan chassis, with front entrance door, and rear hatch opening up for the theater show. The two large side doors would swing backwards to form the theater sides, the 'Stoateer' would operate from inside the booth.

Internally, each side has two beds which fold outwards in the style of a trailer tent for sleeping accommodation, and there is a double gas burner, camping fridge, shower, gas fire, fold down table with bench seats, PA system and other puppet show fitting, 12 volt and gas lighting, but NO PUPPETS. There is a fold down flap covering the kitchen window that opens up for more light when all the doors are shut.

The old girl does need lots of restoration work to the timber and wood work. All the original bits are here that have gone rotten, so would serve as patterns for new replacements. She is 99% waterproof, and the floor is solid. One tyre holds air. I brought her here on a trailer for safety reasons, and would recommend her being collected in the same way.

Overall, this is a very rare and unique opportunity to acquire a piece of Stoateriety history, which in the right hands could be restored as either a Punch and Judy booth, small themed catering trailer, child's play house/den or glamping trailer.

I had every intention of fully restoring the owd lass for taking to shows along with our vintage tractors, but just haven't got the time. If left like she is, she will eventually deteriorate beyond being saved, which would be a terrible shame.

Length is 99 inches plus 48 inch drawbar, and 68 inches wide. I am 6 foot tall and can comfortably stand inside.

Photos can be sent by email if you send your email address to blackhillfarm@hotmail.com or by text.

Thank you.

John
I paid £400 for her plus collection, so am looking for around the £400 mark.

Viewing welcome near Garstang in Lancashire. Any questions please ask John on 07772016093.
Mossstock

Return to Sales & Wants