Information on these please...

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

Information on these please...

Postby Duchess64 » 07 Sep 2016, 15:10

I bought these three tiles a few years ago. Two are framed and one without. One the back of the unframed tile it has the name of H & R Johnson which is a company in Stoke on Trent. I do not know what is on the back of the framed ones so I'm just assuming the same. Does anyone have any idea of the value of this tiles please?

Thanks alot.
Duchess64
Weenie
Weenie

Re: Information on these please...

Postby scumonkey » 07 Sep 2016, 17:13

I believe discussed in another thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1945
scumonkey
Chipolata
Chipolata

Postby Chris » 07 Sep 2016, 20:49

Yes, I too remember these tiles being discussed.
I can't see them having any great value since they look modern to me. The old original drawings appear to have been scanned into a computer and then Photoshop or similar effects applied.
Anyway since you have a manufacturer's name then check if they are still in existence and ask them what information they can offer.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Duchess64 » 15 Oct 2016, 17:47

Chris wrote:Yes, I too remember these tiles being discussed.
I can't see them having any great value since they look modern to me. The old original drawings appear to have been scanned into a computer and then Photoshop or similar effects applied.
Anyway since you have a manufacturer's name then check if they are still in existence and ask them what information they can offer.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. However, I have never previously asked anything about these tiles. The conversation thread you made reference to has nothing to do with me. I only joined the Punch booth on 7 Sept.

Regards

Sharon
Duchess64
Weenie
Weenie

Postby Chris » 15 Oct 2016, 20:32

I didn't think you had Sharon. That was why I was alerting you to the fact that there was information on your tiles on a earlier thread and assumed that if interested you could do a search.
To save you time...
you need not search far - it is in this Sales and Wants area and you only need to scroll back onto the previous screen to a posting by PUNCHDRUNK on Dec 2nd 2015 entitled RARE VINTAGE majolica Punch & Judy tile.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Chris » 15 Oct 2016, 21:12

Forgot to mention that a good source of information about tiles and prices is
http://www.tileheaven.co.uk
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Sales & Wants