For sale on ebay full outfit

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

For sale on ebay full outfit

Postby milly » 15 Oct 2016, 22:21

Wish I had the money for this. Must be hard to work out a going price on a one off.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272389994072? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up yum.
milly
Chipolata
Chipolata

Re: For sale on ebay full outfit

Postby Chris » 15 Oct 2016, 23:10

Strikes me as rather highly priced. The pictures look nice - but its the puppets that matter and these are not shown individually. I may be wrong but they don't look like carved wood to me, rather seem to be moulded. In which case they are probably not "one of a kind" but even if they are then what material has been used. Will they withstand the slapstick. How heavy are the heads? This price might be good for a known maker's figures (Wade, Tickner, Clarke perhaps). These figures appear to be based on the designs in Fraser's book - very attractive, inspiring, line drawings but lacking evidence of experience.
Of course I am not saying these aren't worth the asking price, but are not obviously so from the photos. I would want to see more of, and know more about the figures. For example I don't like the look of the Punch as far as I can judge - and an appealing Punch figure is to me of primary importance.
And how portable is the booth? And how heavy? And does one really want to lug a carved oak sign around?
Also I note that the booth requires a case on wheels to transport it, but that the proscenium has to carried separately. I'm just thinking of some venues where the party room is upstairs, and there's no lift. Or carrying across a field etc.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Sales & Wants