Solve your booth problems now

If you want to Buy or Sell Punch & Judy related material you can use this forum.
Commercial Advertising will be removed unless by prior agreement with Chris.

Solve your booth problems now

Postby CvdC » 06 Oct 2008, 01:42

Have you ever noticed that people are reluctant to set up their booth too close to Richard Coombs at Punch & Judy festivals?
Well the reason, not often discussed openly, is Booth Envy. Yes it is a difficult thing to talk about but our trained counsellors can help you deal with this very debilitating problem. All consultations are done in the strictest confidence and no mention will be made outside the confines of the CAA bar.
Palatial Booths are designed with your comfort and presentation as the highest priority. Every Palatial Booth is bespoke so we guarantee that it will meet your individual requirements.
The price? Well, as in all such products of distinction, if you need to ask you most certainly cannot afford it.

View of the entry to the Palatial Booth.

The business end of the Palatial Booth. Each Booth is decorated to your individual tastes, provided you have any, otherwise we will politely refer you to our own interior decorators.

Go to our website:
http://www.speckinspace.com/palatial/
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 23 Oct 2008, 20:38

LOL ..how wonderful ... I cannot believe I have only just found your advert.
Despite having lost 2 1/2 stone since the Mayfayre , I am finding myself a tad cramped in my booth these days.

Next time you are on these shores we may have to discuss a private commission. ( assuming that you have time to build me one while trying to complete an order of 20 units for a mystery customer , who wants to put them in his loft).

Best Wishes Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby johnstoate » 23 Oct 2008, 22:59

Wow! some loft! - The only problem I find with the 'Palatial' is the (seemingly) inadequate 'business end' - In order to afford one of these wondrous creations I would require (At the very least) the kind of state-of-the-art facilities as might be expected by the RSC. touring company!! :lol:
John
Weaselly distinguished, Stoatelly different!!
johnstoate
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Chris » 23 Oct 2008, 23:02

Can it pack down compactly so as to be used on public transport?
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby James » 24 Oct 2008, 00:19

johnstoate"The kind of state-of-the-art facilities as might be expected by the RSC. touring company!! :lol:

An old gym then?
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby CvdC » 24 Oct 2008, 03:42

Chris you obviously spotted that this new version of the Palatial is constructed employing the latest in lazy tong technology. But we do recognise that it is not suitable for ... public transport? .. I should think not. These booths are for professionals. We recommend the use of a panetechnicon - as used by Richard Coombs:

We also recommend you hire a few hefty blokes to help move things. They can double up as bottlers too. You'd be surprised how persuasive they can be.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Tony James » 24 Oct 2008, 15:46

How did my coat get on the outside of your wagon Chris?
Tony James

Magic With A Punch!
Tony James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby James » 24 Oct 2008, 23:59

Maybe it's just a very cheap fabric!
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Tony James » 25 Oct 2008, 00:08

No dear, the fabric is like everything else in my show - terribly expensive!
Tony James

Magic With A Punch!
Tony James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby James » 25 Oct 2008, 16:24

What? Even the old Supreme Cat?
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Tony James » 25 Oct 2008, 21:07

A veritable collectors piece. People today fight for Supreme props. The old firm closed down nearly fifteen years ago and I don't know how long before that they ran out of stock of the wicked pussy!

Everything very fine and costly in my show.
Tony James

Magic With A Punch!
Tony James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Chris » 25 Oct 2008, 22:48

And there was I thinking it was a Georgian cat - I must have mixed it up with the crocodile.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Tony James » 26 Oct 2008, 00:09

It is truly a mysterious cat.
Tony James

Magic With A Punch!
Tony James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby James » 26 Oct 2008, 19:25

Tony James wrote:A veritable collectors piece. People today fight for Supreme props. The old firm closed down nearly fifteen years ago and I don't know how long before that they ran out of stock of the wicked pussy!

Yes Tony we know the history of Supreme Magic (basic knowledge). The cats were made by Bryan so are of course still available, and after all it is only the good props people are fighting for, Tickner's in original condition for example.

Now where can I get a model of my hands made? Madame Tussauds are doing a BOGOF offer I hear!
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Tony James » 26 Oct 2008, 20:59

Yes, you're quite correct James, most people do have a basic knowledge of Supreme but it is the finer detail and background which is so interesting. But Tickner never made for Supreme as far as I am aware.

Bryan makes good figures.It's just that his are different in style to Tickner which requires them to be worked on to reduce the obvious differences. Bryan once told me he had to make down to a price for Supreme so no doubt my old cat, well used and still looking acceptable, would generate interest. It's the only figure I use which has not been remade and redressed - yet! It is scheduled for a rebuild this winter.

So my Tickner figures won't interest collectors will they? Rather a relief actually. They were made to be used and used they have been and hopefully they still have many shows left in them - and me too!
Tony James

Magic With A Punch!
Tony James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Next

Return to Sales & Wants