punch and judy

This is the place for Technical Tips, Questions and Answers.

punch and judy

Postby cobaltblue » 14 Oct 2011, 20:53

A new collection of punch and judy in progress

just the costumes to make with help with ideas from this site
cobaltblue
Porky
Porky

Re: punch and judy

Postby Richard Coombs » 16 Oct 2011, 22:21

Goodness you have been busy !

Do I spy a few 'duplicates' there ? ( are you doing 'tricks' or costume changes with them ? ) ...or are you making some for someone else too ?

..just being nosy LOL .....

Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby cobaltblue » 17 Oct 2011, 17:37

Lol
is is a set of p&j puppets for my grandchildren in france.My daughter teachers illustration there and does a regular workshops and story telling with children so it would be useful for her.
the spare crocs are for a little boy who is mad on crocs.
there are 4 more charactures and when finished will be based on Poirot ,have been asked to do a show for the U3A(university of the thrid age ), so athe show will be a based on a who dunnit with a splatring of the goons ,just for a adult audience.
If i mange to get them finished in time.
okay nosey or not thanks for the interest.LOL
Anway i like carving
cobaltblue
Porky
Porky

Postby lesclarke » 17 Oct 2011, 20:48

Hi there, yes you have been busy, a couple,( or more) of questions, it's good to be nosy.
What Kind of wood are you using?
What is the typical height of each head?
What is the duck character for? ..or is it a stork to deliver the baby?
Mind your head, ...on that light fitting!!!!!
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby cobaltblue » 17 Oct 2011, 22:46

hi les
the wood is lime.
the height of the head is 140mm.I used the guide based on this site ,its very useful info.
As for the goose ,its for a present for another grandaughterits supposed to be mother goose.I will make a victorian bonnet for it, she just loves ducks etc. Its a xmas pressy,much better than anything i can buy
I get the wood from a place just of the A1 near grantham the name slipped my mind at the moment,having a senior moment. again lol.but if you want it i will look it up,there very good for wood and very resonable price and able to get most woods.You do have to purchase in about 8` planks,they do not plane it to size its just rough cut.
I think it was about15` wide and around £32 there delivery charges are steep tho, i just collect it myself
Its best to order it before you go and make a point of telling the sales guy what its for he picked out a really goood planks for me very few knots in it.As i said the planks are rough cut and still have the bark on them,they are air dried.
CHEERS DENNIS
cobaltblue
Porky
Porky

Return to Punch Workshop