AWAY FROM IT ALL?

Anything relevant

AWAY FROM IT ALL?

Postby lesclarke » 11 Feb 2013, 21:11

Always get away for a break at this time of the year and this year it was in Robin Hood's Bay, just down from Whitby on the East Coast, (of Yorkshire). For those not familiar with RHB there is just one narrow, extremely steep road down to the foreshore. The beach is rocky and I got wondering if anyone had ever worked P&J in the past, the thought of carting one's stuff all the way down and back up the hill would put most people off, but people in the past were a much tougher breed.

Saw a mention of a Local History Archive in a local news magazine, but missed it being open on the Monday, but must get in touch and see if they have any records of a Prof working locally.

Intended as a real break I didn't take any projects along to 'play with' and even spent the first two days without television! Enjoyed a bit of beach combing...

As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: AWAY FROM IT ALL?

Postby Chris » 12 Feb 2013, 11:43

Shows what my mind is like - it took me ages to see the second one as a face!
I remember Robin Hood's Bay very well. At Grammar School we had a scout troup and went camping during the Summer holidays - outside Whitby and not far from RHB. I don't know about Punch there, but I remember Marionettes in Whitby. It was at the entrance to the harbour and there was some sort of hut on a stone plinth. The puppeteer was working al fresco but stored his puppets in the hut and brought them out one at a time to perform on the stone stage. He had an old wind-up gramophone playing 78s. I was entranced, and had to be dragged away by my friends who weren't the least interested.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby lesclarke » 13 Feb 2013, 00:30

Yes It's actually quite PC. It's a PC!
As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 25 Feb 2013, 17:46

Looks like a fabulous gettaway Break from the Grindstone Les.

Hope it recharged your batteries .
All the Best

Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat