Hand up or in front!

Anything relevant

Re: Hand up or in front!

Postby Nick Jackson » 29 Jun 2014, 21:07

Chris wrote:The point of hands in front of face has absolutely nothing to do with making the show smaller, more compact or easier to transport.
Having found no other advantages, I presumed that was the reason. I retract.
Chris wrote:If you don't know the advantages why are you considering it?
I was interested to know why others had done it.
Chris wrote:Why did you try it previously when it made your arms ache?
Apart from experimenting at home, I haven't.
Chris wrote:Your pictures are possibly still in Photoshop native format with only the suffix changed to jpg
No. They're exported to jpeg exactly as I would usually do.
Nick Jackson
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Postby Chris » 29 Jun 2014, 22:25

Having found no other advantages, I presumed that was the reason. I retract.

Well if you don't accept the advantages the majority of us feel then fine. Not much point in this whole thread which you began. I certainly won't waste any more time.
As for your jpegs, if they are in fact correctly converted then you'll have no trouble uploading them will you?
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Nick Jackson » 29 Jun 2014, 23:13

Yes, I accept that you are right. I realise that any sort of discussion is futile. I apologise for beginning this thread. And apologies for wasting your time.
Nick Jackson
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Postby Nick Jackson » 30 Jun 2014, 17:36

Chris wrote:As for your jpegs, if they are in fact correctly converted then you'll have no trouble uploading them will you?

Have, today, succeeded in uploading the same pics without reformatting them. I can only presume it was a web or browser problem yesterday.
Nick Jackson
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Postby lesclarke » 30 Jun 2014, 20:24

Nick, looks like you still may have missed the point of Chris' first suggestion.

If you are usually working hands above, your playboard is at top-of-head level. To work hands in front you need it lower. Lower relative to your head height.

There are two ways to achieve this, shorten the legs of the booth, or STAND ON A BOX, in your current booth, adding a one-way view backcloth, and leaving your frame unmodified while you try it out.
As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Nick Jackson » 30 Jun 2014, 20:51

Yes, with your there, Les. I had thought that people worked hands-in-front did so to make the booth shorter but I'm reliably informed this is not the main reason. I'm still interested to hear more from people who do work this way. I know one or two tall Punchmen who've had to adapt when working indoors. But I'm genuinely interested in hearing from people who work this way by choice. Chris says he wouldn't change back so it must work for him. From my few home experiments I've found it very tiring. But, given how many people work this way I can see I am in the minority.
Nick Jackson
Hot Dog
Hot Dog

Postby Chris » 11 Jul 2014, 22:52

It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby johnstoate » 25 Jul 2014, 02:51

Ere, you's lot. I've allus worked 'Hands in front' And by the same token worked some of the biggest mobile booths around,(Anybody want to argue???) The whole point in my book is that by working 'Hands in front' You can not only see your audience clearly, and therefore react to all that is in view. But also build your booth as large as you want so as to be imposing and eye-catching, You don't need boxes to stand on if your booth is built around your ' Modus operandi' - It is simply designed to 'Do the job' It's the owd 'Two genres' arguement again - A properly constructed 'In front' rig can also accomodate a 'Hands up' operator - you simply leave out the 'footboard' But why would you need a full-scale rig to do children's parties???? Moral? - Perchance stick to the genre you know & understand! :lol: Oh, err, PS. Yep, I'm back, (Group moan) And if you want a big hands in front rig Nik, Mine's for sale cheap, but you'll need a transit van to shift it & all it's ancillaries, (sound, batteries, audience pen, etc. :D
John
Weaselly distinguished, Stoatelly different!!
johnstoate
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Previous

Return to Punch Chat