HOPE YOU ALL HAVE
A VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS
AND A BUMPER 2015

It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Happy Christmas Everyone

Postby Benjie » 28 Dec 2014, 20:42

You too Chris, hope you have a good run for the puppet theatre, I really enjoyed visiting the other year.
Benjie
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 28 Dec 2014, 22:19

Thanks Benjie, doing good so far. Packed on Boxing Day and Saturday was pretty good so I'm hopeful for a good week. Weather's not too bad here either, although some parts up North seem to be suffering.

It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby lesclarke » 30 Dec 2014, 11:45

What a great atmosphere there must have been on Boxing Day, a magical experience that will stick with the younger ones throughout their lives.

Hope everyone has had the type of Christmas that suited them, each year we tone it down a touch, this year we even dumped the turkey and had home made chicken pie.
As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Richard Coombs » 30 Dec 2014, 14:28

Mmnnn ...homemade chicken pie wins over turkey for me every time Les.
Hope you had a good Christmas.

And I concur ..all the puppets spread out on the Harlequin Stage like that makes a big impact , I am sure a good time was had by all ...including Chris I hope :-)

This time betwixt Christmas and New years is a strange time any year ...this year it is a time of 'reckoning' for me. (in that I am having to get all my accounts and bookwork done ! ) It was too cold in the house a few weeks back to sit still and even attempt them ..I had no heating for 3 weeks while a fault was fixed.

It was actually warmer outside the house , so building my new Workshop Shed was a better option than staying indoors.
But now with the problem solved and a new boiler , it is actually quite pleasant to be sat working at the computer.

Even so it will be nice once 2015 starts to get back to work on the the shed on dry days and back to Punch costume making on wet days
( Les have a look on the "workshop" part of board , I will put some more pics on soon- I hand sewed beads onto Punches Waistcoat and Hat while at my Dads for Christmas ...very pleased with the results ! )

Meantime ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL
Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Andrew Clarkson » 31 Dec 2014, 11:08

We had the pleasure of attending The Harlequin on Sunday and catching up with Chris. Santa's Toy Shop was magical, as were Chris' fun magic routines and the impressive Marionette Cabaret. It is lovely to be able to take my children to be entertained in the same venue I was as a child.

The Harlequin remains a truly unique experience loved by children and adults alike.

Wishing you all a Punch packed 2015.

Best wishes,

Andrew
Andrew Clarkson
Porky
Porky

Postby James » 05 Jan 2015, 11:05

Ah, I missed you by 24 hours Andrew, I was up at the Harlequin on Monday. Had a very enjoyable day out.

All the best to everyone for the year ahead, may your bookings be dry and plentiful.

James
Arnott's Gowns for Clowns, Est 1985
James
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat