Hello!!! - and Can you Identify these Four Professors?

Anything relevant

Hello!!! - and Can you Identify these Four Professors?

Postby Duglis » 24 Jan 2015, 20:57

Hi.
First, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Douglas and I'm from the United States. I'm 50 years old. I was born in NY, but have lived in Southern California for the past 20 years.
A month or two ago, my wife and I were watching a DvD of the Avengers with John Steed, etc. There was an episode called "Pardon me if you've heard this one , but there were these two fellars......" and it was about clowns murdering people at a corporation determined to build a new mall over their playhouse. The leader of the murderous group was only seen as Mr. Punch.
After we finished watching, I started googling Punch and Judy (of course I knew about them, but just in passing) and came upon the Piccini book and various youtube shows. I got a book from amazon about the history of Punch and Judy...and have been watching endless videos and reading the forums here. There is a Renaissance Faire that begins here in April and I believe they've always had a live Punch and Judy show, so I'm hopeful to see a live performance then.
Since I live in the Los Angeles, California area , I was wanting to ask some questions on the forum on how to see some more video'd performances and if anyone knew about any showmen that perform in the usa, perhaps some retired professors from the U.K..

My first real question here is a there part-Can any of you identify the Professor performing in these three youtube videos?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh3vJMM9cIw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUE7AH81a7k

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtlgbuULJMY ?

The other question I have is who is the Professor in this interesting youtube interview from Russia...
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1858 ?
and are there any videos of his performance?

Thank you all for letting me join here and my admiration to all the people here who make puppets, marionettes, and put on Punch and Judy shows!!
Duglis
Chipolata
Chipolata

Re: Hello!!! - and Can you Identify these Four Professors?

Postby Chris » 25 Jan 2015, 00:41

The first one is Rod Burnett I think - the second Les (Properpunch) Clarke from Yorkshire. I don't know who the third show is. Conrad Fredericks is the chap telling the Russians how important he is. I don't know of a video.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby subsy » 25 Jan 2015, 02:25

He is here and can tell you whether there is a video: http://konradfredericks.com
subsy
Porky
Porky

Postby Duglis » 25 Jan 2015, 19:17

Thanks very much!
Duglis
Chipolata
Chipolata

Postby profpanic » 26 Jan 2015, 11:12

The first one is Martin Bridle who used to be the Punchman on Broadstairs beach. His wonderful introductions to his shows are genius and often longer (and funnier) than many other Punch shows.
A puppet genius and really nice bloke!
profpanic
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 26 Jan 2015, 13:28

Are you sure it's Martin? Not his fit-up. Martin and Rod have very similar openings - well they worked together on the same beach for years .... I'll have another look, but at the moment I think its Rod.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Punch Chat