I almost .....

Anything relevant

I almost .....

Postby Chris » 17 Jan 2015, 23:38

Today I almost took a booking for a kids' party for May 10th - was just going to fire off the acceptance email when something niggled at the back of my mind so I checked. Of course it's this year's May Fayre. Make sure you have it marked in your diary. Otherwise you might find yourself making money when you could be cavorting in Covent Garden.

2015 COVENT GARDEN MAY FAYRE
PUNCH AND PUPPET FESTIVAL
IS ON SUNDAY MAY 10th
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: I almost .....

Postby profpanic » 26 Jan 2015, 11:35

While earning some money is always a good option ,it is not the reason that I wont be at the Covent Garden gathering again this year. I have been avoiding London for 20 years since last working the Royal Parks for a summer,I vowed not to go within the M25 ring at that point I think. London is NOT the centre of the universe (or even the UK) though you might think so to hear some people talk .I was born in Bromley Kent as well, but I am content to drive AROUND(but not in) London to get to the other side. I will miss meeting a lot of friends who will be there though ,so if you are going give them my regards.
Last edited by profpanic on 26 Jan 2015, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
profpanic
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 26 Jan 2015, 12:57

Couldn't disagree more. I find a visit to London a cultural charge to the batteries. That isn't to say I'd like to work in London, I'd hate it, and as for driving in London....! But I'm with Samuel Johnson: "A man who is tired of London is tired of life".
Not that I really think you tired of life Chris .... although come to think of it, on another post you are saying what you want on your gravestone! I'm with you on that one by the way.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby profpanic » 26 Jan 2015, 20:48

Na mate I LOVE my life ..... so lucky to have the best job in the world and able to travel and continue to do it ......Some cities I do love .....Barcelona ...... Auckland .....Paris for example .....London is just full of people who think they are so beautiful and important. Culture can be found everywhere and I do manage to find it in some of the strangest places. I am not tired of life but just a bit peed off because I had to abort a really good tour of NZ because I had a wee "heart attack" in November just before I was due to fly out for a 6 month tour.....I had a really good season of gigs planned and booked as well! But I was grounded ! (not allowed a long distance flight for 3 months. ) Never mind I have just finished carving the heads and hands of a punch set for my old clown friend PurplePaul in Oregon . Life is good and much better than the alternative. I m not planning to leave soon. Still alive and kicking at the pricks.
profpanic
Beefy
Beefy

Postby Chris » 26 Jan 2015, 21:45

Delighted to hear it - that you're full of beans I mean. Sorry to hear about ticker problem. Hope you are now fully recovered and will soon be flying again. Will you be able to do the second half of your planned tour, or is it a complete washout?
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby profpanic » 26 Jan 2015, 21:58

Had to cancel the whole thing....it is just not worth flying all that way for less than 6 months. But I am enjoying my workshop time and will have some new puppets made and I am making a couple of really light weight "Lazy tong" booths for the "boys". Elmo is still using his granddads booth which is very old, heavy and unwieldy. I am also sculpting in stone for an installation at the "Landed Festival".
profpanic
Beefy
Beefy

Return to Punch Chat