Do-it-yourself booth? Don't do it like this.

Anything relevant

Do-it-yourself booth? Don't do it like this.

Postby Chris » 09 Mar 2015, 22:36

Do watch this, and then thank God for the genius of George Blake and of Eric Sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk1Y8yhUFE8

PS. I note that a back drape (the only way you'll be invisible behind the scrim backcloth) is an optional extra!
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Do-it-yourself booth? Don't do it like this.

Postby Richard Coombs » 16 Mar 2015, 23:39

Yes ...oh dear oh dear oh dear.

A case of our 'colonial cousins' reinventing the wheel again ...and yet again inventing something 'square'.

The plastic tubing theatre ( or in this case metal tube 'pro'? version ) seems to be something of a fetish out there.

The criteria for success seems to be if you can get all the parts from a local Home Depot for under $10 then you have triumphed.

Thank goodness for the "Frame File" - and common sense.

Best
Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Re: Do-it-yourself booth? Don't do it like this.

Postby Chris » 17 Mar 2015, 00:18

The part I loved was where they had the drape with the poles already inserted in the hem, I could just imagine them trying to do that in a slight breeze for a summer fun day. Also they said it could be used outside because they had loops at the bottom to peg it down! The bottom? Great squares of tubing with precious little bracing supported only at ground level? If their winds are anything like those in Britain then I'm sure it wouldn't take long for the whole thing to be at ground level.

The gas pipe puppet theatres are very popular among the gospel puppetry community but I wouldn't have thought the power of prayer much of a subsitute for a little bit of engineering nouse.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Punch Chat