Are all Punchfolk in Hibernation ?

Anything relevant

Re: Are all Punchfolk in Hibernation ?

Postby Miraiker » 20 Apr 2015, 20:53

When I first saw that hair style on a man that is exactly the question that came to my mind.
I decided that it had to go onto Hamish.
Who'd want a proper job?
Miraiker
Big Banger
Big Banger

Postby Richard Coombs » 21 Apr 2015, 20:23

Hello Miraiker.

I have to say I really love the look of Hamish, presumably the hairstyle flicks and flops about as you move him.
All jolly good fun.

A health and safety officer has been on my list of things to build for the show for a couple of years now.
I think I first heard about people having them on the show when Glyn Edwards first got his.

I still haven't seen what he does with that puppet ( and actually I don't want to until I have made my owN one and started using it, as I don't want to be guilty of doing a copy his routine )

But yet again this summer, other builds have taken precedent, and Mr health and safety Will have to wait at least until 2016.

Glad you're having fun using yours.
Best wishes
Richard
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby Chris » 21 Apr 2015, 22:59

Well Richard, when you decide to investigate Glyn's Health and Safety officer routine you can find it on this website. Its been in the Punch Video Theatre for a couple of years, courtesy of Les Clarke who filmed it at Skipton.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Richard Coombs » 22 Apr 2015, 06:48

Thanks Chris.
i had spotted that it was there.

Like I said though , i am deliberately avoiding it until i have one of my own made and got (him/her) in the show.

Usually with all things Punch the advice is to see as many as possible before embarking on your own.

But in this instance I want to develop a character and scenario without any copying of someone else's take on it.
Although I had better stop procrastinating and get on with it , as the chances of seeing an H&S officer in a Mayfayre show are getting higher and higher ---- although I cannot be there in a few weeks time --so that'buys' me another year.

The Health and Safety Officer ( male or female ) seems a reasonably likely candidate for a character that could break out from being a topical novelty and (Perhaps ? ) become a regular of the shows landscape over the next couple of decades , perhaps even beyond ?

Bankers are another current 'Aunt Sally" to be knocked about.
But our national hatred of them may diminish if the country ever returns to prosperity.

Health and Safety in the wider world looks set to stay ...and it is something that the general public have a misunderstanding and almost groundless mistrust and dislike of .
This makes it just the sort of misunderstood officialdom that seems a perfect target for Punch.

I suspect there will gradually be more and more H&S puppets being requested and carved over the next ten years or so.

People like Miraiker are ideally placed to tell us if this is the case.

My hunch is that she is currently making more H&S puppets than say Doctor puppets.

Richard

\
Richard Coombs
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Previous

Return to Punch Chat