ebay puppets

Anything relevant

ebay puppets

Postby Chris T » 28 Apr 2015, 13:17

So I log on to ebay today (I do periodic checks for P&J items) to see if any bargains were in the offing, and I come across a listing for a set of figures (Punch/Judy/Beadle/Devil/Croc). I cannot believe it, they are my first set (3 of which I had made my Brian Clarke in the early 90s) that were stolen from me when I worked at the London Dungeon and had brought them in to entertain the crowds. They held a lot of sentimental value, as the 2 non Clarke puppets were renovated/made by my aunt. Not sure what I can do about it, as so much time as elapsed since the incident occurred and I would struggle to prove ownership. But I am sure many of my fellow punch enthusiasts and especially performers will understand how I might be feeling right now!
Chris T
Porky
Porky

Re: ebay puppets

Postby johnstoate » 28 Apr 2015, 14:48

Eeee, now that's a bit odd - Not that long ago I got a call from a chap who had bought My stolen set (Including My original 2003 safety ossifer!) from a sale up in York, (As I seem to recall posting on here) - He was kind enough to bring them to my home and was going to return them to me. However, since He bought them 'In good faith' I just took a set of photos and let him have them back. It seemed the right thing to do at the time.

Hey, It's true!!!! - Even I can upload pictures wiv me' new' computey- This one's better than the steam one, -it works on gas!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
Weaselly distinguished, Stoatelly different!!
johnstoate
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby lesclarke » 29 Apr 2015, 08:24

It was generous of you to allow the guy to keep them John, your figures being more personal and individual than usual. Did you ever try to trace how they ended up in a sale in York?
As if I haven't got enough to do today, with all I've got to do today.
lesclarke
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Postby johnstoate » 30 Apr 2015, 14:06

No, Les - I know that when they stole the van they headed out towards Todmorden, (ie; Yorkshire) from the cctv in the restaurant but that's all. The guy who has them hails from Saddleworth of all places, so it's an interesting journey! On another point, since we're on 'chat' To Chris, A sincere apology for my 'Workshop' posting. I have re-read things and yes, I did rather go too far - Must be a bit of rust in the old brain cogs from the extended hibernation I suppose, so again, Sorry for the offence.
John
Weaselly distinguished, Stoatelly different!!
johnstoate
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat