puppetry in UK (&Paris)

Anything relevant

puppetry in UK (&Paris)

Postby CvdC » 20 Jun 2010, 22:04

A public thankyou to the proprietor of the Harlequin Puppet Theatre in North Wales for allowing my children to see something they will more than likely never see again in their lives, a show of traditional string puppets. And then to allow a hands on experience with the puppets was quite a thrill - for the children as well.
Their expertise was later further enhanced at the Wembly academy of puppetry.

On their return home they immediately (even before their bags were unpacked) put their newly found expertise to work on my puppets. So I'm hoping they'll have an interest for life.

Viewers of the above photo will notice in the background a bookshelf of binders. This is "The Archive". There has been references to it on this board; that is what it looks like.

And in France we went to see the Guignol show on the Champs Elysee. Though different from the Lyon version it did have a similar routine with a mouse. Something that would work well in a Punch show.
It has been my experience that I am always true from my point of view, and am often wrong from the point of view of my honest critics. I know that we are both right from our respective points of view. - Gandhi (Having a bob each way.)
CvdC
Joey's Jewels
Joey's Jewels

Return to Punch Chat