Punch live on the web

Anything relevant

Punch live on the web

Postby Chris » 05 Nov 2010, 00:02

This website is well known across the world and does get a lot of visitors. I even get some who appreciate it sufficiently to write and say so. Quite a few people have either started with Punch, or taken it up again after abandoning it, after being inspired by Punch and Judy on the web. I'll quote a bit from a recent one because I am intrigued at the idea of a live show over the internet.
I must thank you for such a site it has made me carve a set of figures and design and construct a booth for my grandchildren .
I was amazed at the pleasure it gave them, and think its great that you have saved some of our heritage, i have looked at other sites but none offered the information and design you had and the question and answer board was very useful.
It even allowed me to put a live show on for my grandchildren in france and holland over the internet.

I can only think he used a web cam and Skype, or something similar.
In 2000 Glyn Edwards found funding for a Millennium Punch Celebration and I built a website which was live for the event and almost a live link with enthusiasts abroad. Glyn was busy taking pictures and I was within minutes uploading them to the web. Not bad since that was before anyone had broadband, there wasn't any you tube, twitter or facebook, and I don't think I'd heard of a web cam.
It's good to squawk!
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Punch Chat